Requirements for NEW referees for this paid position are as follows:
• 14 years years of age by August 1, 2019
• Attend one of the classroom training clinic sessions.
• Attend field/court training.
• Receive a score of 92% or above on the 2019 Official's Test
• Purchase the $5 CYC-SOA insurance
• Complete the Student Code of Ethics (for ages 14 through high school)
• Referees 18 years of age must meet additional archdiocesan requirements
1) Attend the Protecting God’s Children Class
2) Sign the Code of Ethics (completed online when signing up for the class)
3) Complete the Missouri Family Care Safety Registry Background form.
RETURNING referees must also receive a score of 92% or above on the 2019 Official's Test and are encouraged to attend a classroom clinic and on court/field training. Classroom clinic is required for returning referees that score <92% on the official's test. All referees must also purchase the $5 CYC-SOA insurance.
Interested in being a soccer referee?
Classroom training clinic sessions will be held at Sacred Heart - Valley Park (use gym entrance, session will be held in the Great Hall) on Wed 7/24 and Sun 8/4 from 6-10 pm and also at St. Gabriel (cafeteria) on Wed 8/14 from 6-10 pm. Field training will be on EITHER Sat 8/3 OR Sat 8/17 from 9-10:30 am at Memorial field in Webster Groves (corner of S. Elm and E. Glendale). Bring cash/check/credit card to purchase referee jersey/pealess whistle and lanyard/data wallet w/ pad and red and yellow cards. 3 stripe referee socks will also be available for purchase. To register, contact Referee Coordinator Melanie Sullivan.
Interested in being a volleyball referee (up ref, down ref or scorekeepers)? Contact Debbye Luetkemeyer.